Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Fri September 7, 2012
Columbia County event targets mental health justice
The National Alliance on Mental Illness-Columbia County is sponsoring a symposium called Navigating/Advocating Within the Local Criminal Justice System at Columbia Greene Community College on September 13. The event features representatives of law enforcement, the justice system, and mental health officials.
Sheri Bolevice is spokesperson for the National Alliance on Mental Illness-Columbia County, which works to support the mentally ill through education, advocacy and support. She spoke with WAMC's Alan Chartock.