Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Fri September 7, 2012
Columbia County event targets mental health justice
The National Alliance on Mental Illness-Columbia County is sponsoring a symposium called Navigating/Advocating Within the Local Criminal Justice System at Columbia Greene Community College on September 13. The event features representatives of law enforcement, the justice system, and mental health officials.
Sheri Bolevice is spokesperson for the National Alliance on Mental Illness-Columbia County, which works to support the mentally ill through education, advocacy and support. She spoke with WAMC's Alan Chartock.