Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Mon October 7, 2013
Comedy Legend Bill Cosby To Headline Mahaiwe Gala
Comedian Bill Cosby is at a point in his career where virtually every new standup star counts him as a major influence – but Cosby himself has shown no signs of slowing down.
His prolific career has covered beloved records, TV, movies, books, and even a new app.
Cosby’s role on I Spy made him the first African-American to co-star in a dramatic series, breaking television’s racial barrier and winning three Emmy Awards. In the 1980s, he again rocked the television world with the The Cosby Show, which single-handedly revived the family sitcom and rescued NBC.
Cosby has been honored with the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, the Kennedy Center Honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award.
On Oct. 13, he will headline the Mahaiwe’s annual gala in Great Barrington, Mass.