Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Tue July 30, 2013
Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker To Visit Albany And Wallingford
U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker is visiting New York and Connecticut today.
Pritzker will visit Albany, New York and Wallingford, Connecticut on the second leg of her nationwide listening tour. She’s traveling across the country to meet with businesses and thought leaders, entrepreneurs, academics and Department of Commerce employees.
While in Albany, Pritzker will visit SEMATECH and the State University of New York’s (SUNY) College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
Later, Pritzker will travel to Wallingford to visit APS Technology Inc., where she will be joined by Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy.
Pritzker says the purpose of the tour is to hear about efforts that drive economic development and create good-paying, long-term jobs.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.