Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New England News
Tue October 10, 2006
Commission Considers Tolls in Western Mass.
By Dan Bobkoff
SPringfield, ma – A Massachusetts state commission is expected to recommend raising the gas tax by 9 cents a gallon and increasing the number of tolls on the state's highways. The goal is to fund repairs to the state's aging road and bridge infrastructure. Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.