Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
WAMC New England News
Tue October 10, 2006
Commission Considers Tolls in Western Mass.
By Dan Bobkoff
SPringfield, ma – A Massachusetts state commission is expected to recommend raising the gas tax by 9 cents a gallon and increasing the number of tolls on the state's highways. The goal is to fund repairs to the state's aging road and bridge infrastructure. Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.