Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Mon June 4, 2007
Commission to Modernize State's Financial Services Regulation
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – Before he became Governor, Eliot Spitzer leaped to political prominence investigating wrondoings in the financial sector, making a name for himself as "The Sheriff of Wall Street". Now Spitzer is concerned Wall Street's status as the world's financial capital may be slipping. Capital District Bureau Chief Dave Lucas reports the Governor has assembled a blue-ribbon panel to look into rewriting outdated regulations governing financial services companies.