Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon June 4, 2007
Commission to Modernize State's Financial Services Regulation
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – Before he became Governor, Eliot Spitzer leaped to political prominence investigating wrondoings in the financial sector, making a name for himself as "The Sheriff of Wall Street". Now Spitzer is concerned Wall Street's status as the world's financial capital may be slipping. Capital District Bureau Chief Dave Lucas reports the Governor has assembled a blue-ribbon panel to look into rewriting outdated regulations governing financial services companies.