Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon June 4, 2007
Commission to Modernize State's Financial Services Regulation
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – Before he became Governor, Eliot Spitzer leaped to political prominence investigating wrondoings in the financial sector, making a name for himself as "The Sheriff of Wall Street". Now Spitzer is concerned Wall Street's status as the world's financial capital may be slipping. Capital District Bureau Chief Dave Lucas reports the Governor has assembled a blue-ribbon panel to look into rewriting outdated regulations governing financial services companies.