Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Mon September 9, 2013
Common Cause Teams With Techies To Help Voters
The return of lever voting machines in New York could create problems on Election Day, so Common Cause is stepping in to help voters.
The good-government group is helping to re-launch PollWatchUSA. That's a cross-platform mobile web application to help New Yorkers across the state report problems at the polls on Election Day.
PollWatchUSA is a crowd-sourcing tool that allows anyone with a smart phone to act as a poll monitor. The tool was originally launched in September 2012 in New York City and over one thousand voters took advantage of it.
In the event of an emergency, the application offers the option to connect voters to the Common Cause election protection hotline, where they can receive immediate assistance.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.