Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
WAMC New York News
Tue November 1, 2005
Communications Wiring Excluded From New Jail Plans
By Pat Bradley
Elizabethtown, NY – For years Essex County, New York officials had put off building a new jail, knowing the building they were using was becoming more and more decrepit, but not wanting to strain the rural county's budget with the building costs. New York State finally forced the county to act, and construction began this year on a new, multi-million dollar state-of-the-art facility. County supervisors received a Halloween trick Monday when they learned that the plans for the jail excluded the wiring for its communications systems.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.