Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Thu August 17, 2006
Community Fights Biomass Plant
By Dan Bobkoff
Russell, MA – A proposed wood-burning power plant has sparked an opposition movement in a small western Massachusetts town near Springfield. A new coalition was formed yesterday to fight the plant that they say will harm their health. More from Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff.