Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon March 20, 2006
Community Preservation Act Could Create Taxes
By Deborah Runcie
Rhinebeck, NY – Dutchess County lawmakers are urging state legislators to give towns throughout New York the autonomy to request a real estate transfer tax. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.