Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Hudson Valley News
Mon July 15, 2013
Company Installs ‘First’ NY Gas Station Solar System
GARDINER – New York State Solar Farm, a Gardiner-based renewable energy company, has installed what the company says is the first solar powered gas station and convenience store in the state.
Anthony Sicari Jr., the CEO of New York Solar Farm partnered with CPD Energy Group, owner of the Mobil Chestnut Mart of Gardiner to install the 12.75 kW solar system.
“It does about 15,600 kilowatt hours,” Sicari said. “The offset of carbon emissions is equivalent to 288 trees a year being planted. The number of tanker trucks of gasoline not used in a lifetime, just about two tanker trucks of gasoline from the lifetime of the system.”
Sicari’s company owns two properties – in Gardiner and in the hamlet of Wallkill – that he hopes to develop into solar farms once he receives approvals from the state.