Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
Hudson Valley News
Mon July 15, 2013
Company Installs ‘First’ NY Gas Station Solar System
GARDINER – New York State Solar Farm, a Gardiner-based renewable energy company, has installed what the company says is the first solar powered gas station and convenience store in the state.
Anthony Sicari Jr., the CEO of New York Solar Farm partnered with CPD Energy Group, owner of the Mobil Chestnut Mart of Gardiner to install the 12.75 kW solar system.
“It does about 15,600 kilowatt hours,” Sicari said. “The offset of carbon emissions is equivalent to 288 trees a year being planted. The number of tanker trucks of gasoline not used in a lifetime, just about two tanker trucks of gasoline from the lifetime of the system.”
Sicari’s company owns two properties – in Gardiner and in the hamlet of Wallkill – that he hopes to develop into solar farms once he receives approvals from the state.