Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Thu April 20, 2006
Concerns Raised Over Possible Delay To Agricultural Premises Registration
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont legislators are considering imposing a delay in the agriculture agency's proposed rule mandating that all places in the state that have livestock be listed on a state registry. The state's Agriculture Secretary says a delay could leave the state vulnerable to an outbreak of avian influenza or other animal disease. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.