Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Thu August 30, 2012
Condos Says Vermont Clerks Should Have to Report Results
Vermont Secretary of State Jim Condos says he wants to require that city and town clerks report election results to his office on election night.
At the same time, Condos says he wants to streamline other steps in the reporting process to make it easier for clerks.
Condos said Tuesday marked the second part of a three-part test this year: He asked clerks to report results to his office in the March presidential primary, the state primary and on the night of the general election coming up in November.
He said about 76 percent of clerks participated on Tuesday. Condos said he wants the Legislature to make it mandatory by 2014.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.