Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Thu August 30, 2012
Condos Says Vermont Clerks Should Have to Report Results
Vermont Secretary of State Jim Condos says he wants to require that city and town clerks report election results to his office on election night.
At the same time, Condos says he wants to streamline other steps in the reporting process to make it easier for clerks.
Condos said Tuesday marked the second part of a three-part test this year: He asked clerks to report results to his office in the March presidential primary, the state primary and on the night of the general election coming up in November.
He said about 76 percent of clerks participated on Tuesday. Condos said he wants the Legislature to make it mandatory by 2014.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.