Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon August 25, 2003
Conference Assesses Roadways and the Environment
By Pat Bradley
Lake Placid, NY – Millions of birds, reptiles and mammals die every year on highways. The world's leading transportation experts and wildlife biologists are in Lake Placid for a week-long international conference on how transportation systems affect animals, and what can be done to connect their concerns and minimize transportation's impact on habitat.