Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed October 12, 2005
Congressional Delegation Calls For Change in Homeland Security Funding Formula
By Pat Bradley
Washington, D.C. – Members of New York's Congressional delegation held a press conference today (Wednesday) in their effort to convince the Senate that the Homeland Security funding formula must be changed. Senate conferees will be meeting with their House counterparts soon to reconcile differences in the 2005 Patriot Act Reauthorization bill. The revamped funding formula is among the changes that the House has passed and the Senate must consider. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.