Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Wed August 2, 2006
Congressional Members Urge Delay in Passport Initiative
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Two upstate New York Congressional Representatives, Democrat Louise Slaughter and Republican John McHugh, have written a letter to the chairman and the ranking member of the House Appropriations Committee. The letter urges them to support proposed changes to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative - generally referred to as the passport initiative. The proposals would delay implementation and clarify just what a secure ID is for anyone crossing the U-S border. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.