Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
WAMC News, New York News
Thu July 5, 2012
Congressman Discusses Issues
New York’s current 14-thousand square mile 23rd Congressional District encompasses the northern tier of the state. On today’s Community Corner the District’s Representative Bill Owens discusses a number of issues, including the recent passage of the federal transportation bill.
The federal transportation bill included an amendment co-sponsored by Democratic Congressman Bill Owens to maintain funding for off-system rural bridges.
Congressman Owens will hold a telephone town hall to answer constituent questions on Tuesday evening.