Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC News, New York News
Thu July 5, 2012
Congressman Discusses Issues
New York’s current 14-thousand square mile 23rd Congressional District encompasses the northern tier of the state. On today’s Community Corner the District’s Representative Bill Owens discusses a number of issues, including the recent passage of the federal transportation bill.
The federal transportation bill included an amendment co-sponsored by Democratic Congressman Bill Owens to maintain funding for off-system rural bridges.
Congressman Owens will hold a telephone town hall to answer constituent questions on Tuesday evening.