Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New York News
Tue November 13, 2012
Congressman Discusses Lame Duck Session
Congress returns for the lame duck session this week with a number of issues to resolve. North Country Congressman Bill Owens talks about specific items that he says must be resolved before the end of the year.
The fiscal cliff is the cloud over Congress as its lame duck session begins. While that is a priority issue for Congressman Bill Owens, it’s not the only matter of importance that he says needs to be addressed.
Vermont’s Congressional Representative is not optimistic about a resolution to the fiscal cliff deadline. On Monday Democratic Congressman Peter Welch said little progress was made before the election and he doubts that a budget breakthrough will come in the last two months of the year.