Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Hudson Valley News
Mon January 7, 2013
Congressman Maloney is Assigned to Another Committee
Hudson Valley-area Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney has received his second committee assignment for the 113th Congress. Maloney represents the 18th congressional district, and his latest assignment is to serve on the House Agriculture Committee. The Democrat says he wanted the assignment because Hudson Valley farmers create thousands of jobs and millions of dollars in economic activity for his region. He said he looks forward to working across the aisle to ensure that Congress passes a Farm Bill that protects family farms in the Hudson Valley and continues to fund agricultural disaster-relief programs.
Republican Representative Chris Gibson, who serves New York’s 19th congressional district, also sits on the committee. The Agriculture Committee handles a variety of issues including agricultural research and development, rural economic development, crop insurance, food safety, international trade, and commodities regulation. Maloney’s appointment to the Agriculture Committee follows his appointment last month to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.