Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New England News
Fri January 18, 2013
Conn. governor to meet with Biden about gun ideas
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is heading to Washington, D.C. to meet with Vice President Joe Biden about the administration's gun control proposals and to attend President Barack Obama's second inauguration.
Malloy is scheduled to meet with Biden on Friday evening. While he was invited to Obama's announcement this week, Malloy was unable to attend because of prior commitments in the state.
Malloy's spokesman said the governor will likely discuss issues state officials plan to pursue following the deadly school shooting in Newtown that left 20 first graders and six educators dead.
The Democratic governor is also scheduled this weekend to address the U.S. Conference of Mayors on education reform, gun violence prevention will likely be discussed.
Malloy will return to Connecticut on Tuesday.