Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Fri January 18, 2013
Conn. governor to meet with Biden about gun ideas
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is heading to Washington, D.C. to meet with Vice President Joe Biden about the administration's gun control proposals and to attend President Barack Obama's second inauguration.
Malloy is scheduled to meet with Biden on Friday evening. While he was invited to Obama's announcement this week, Malloy was unable to attend because of prior commitments in the state.
Malloy's spokesman said the governor will likely discuss issues state officials plan to pursue following the deadly school shooting in Newtown that left 20 first graders and six educators dead.
The Democratic governor is also scheduled this weekend to address the U.S. Conference of Mayors on education reform, gun violence prevention will likely be discussed.
Malloy will return to Connecticut on Tuesday.