Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New England News
Fri April 5, 2013
Conn. governor signs sweeping gun limits into law
Connecticut's governor has signed into law some of the country's tightest gun restrictions in response to December's shooting massacre at a Newtown school.
The measure adds more than 100 firearms to the state's assault weapons ban and outlaws the sale of large-capacity ammunition magazines similar to the ones used by the gunman who killed 26 people inside Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Gov. Dannel Malloy, a Democrat, signed the bill at a ceremony Thursday, several hours after it won approval in the General Assembly. Some aspects take effect immediately, including background checks for all firearms sales.
President Barack Obama plans a trip to Connecticut on Monday to step up pressure on Congress to pass federal gun-control legislation.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.