Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Tue February 19, 2013
Conn. seeks nominations for community greenways
Connecticut is looking for nominations for new greenways.
Greenways provide space for recreation, bicycling and walking and also support economic development.
An official designation by the Greenways Council recognizes a greenway as an open space that brings improvements to the community and is supported by local government initiatives. Designated greenways may be considered for grant money.
There are 68 designated greenways in Connecticut.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and Connecticut Greenways Council says nominations for official state greenway designations will be accepted through May 1.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.