Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Tue June 18, 2013
Connecticut Authorities Recover Body Of Missing Photographer
Authorities have recovered a body from a lake near where a commercial photographer was reported missing last week.
Connecticut's Department of Energy and Environmental Protection says the body was pulled Tuesday from Lake Lillinonah in Bridgewater after a homeowner spotted it from a dock. The body was transferred to the chief medical examiner for identification.
Police have been searching for 33-year-old Eric Langlois of New Milford since he went missing a week ago. He had told his wife he was heading to the Housatonic River to retrieve a lost bicycle.
Police say Langlois crashed a mountain bike on June 10 in the river, which was swollen from heavy rains. But he managed to swim to shore. He told his wife he was going back the next day to look for the bicycle.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.