Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri June 4, 2004
Constitutional Amendment Needed to Acquire Water
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Drilling wells is a often a cheaper, cleaner and less invasive method of getting municipal water. But in the Adirondack Park there's a problem - drilling could violate the "Forever Wild" clause of the New York State constitution. The Adirondack Council wants state legislators to begin work on a state constitutional amendment that would allow towns in the Adirondacks to tap into underground water sources. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.