Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Thu April 18, 2013
Construction Worker Killed At MassDOT Facility
Authorities are investigating a fatal construction accident that occurred Thursday morning at a Massachusetts Department of Transportation facility in Northampton.
A 56 year old Bristol Connecticut men died after he was crushed between two modular office trailers that were being assembled at MassDOT’s regional highway Division 2 headquarters. The Northwestern District Attorney’s office identified the dead man as Alfred Cabiya, who leaves a wife and three children. Another worker was taken by ambulance to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield with what were said to be non-life threatening injuries. A third man sustained minor injuries and was not taken to a hospital. The DA’s office said all three worked for Trico Welding, based in Beacon Falls Connecticut. The accident is under investigation by police and federal and state work place safety investigators.