Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
New England News
Thu April 18, 2013
Construction Worker Killed At MassDOT Facility
Authorities are investigating a fatal construction accident that occurred Thursday morning at a Massachusetts Department of Transportation facility in Northampton.
A 56 year old Bristol Connecticut men died after he was crushed between two modular office trailers that were being assembled at MassDOT’s regional highway Division 2 headquarters. The Northwestern District Attorney’s office identified the dead man as Alfred Cabiya, who leaves a wife and three children. Another worker was taken by ambulance to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield with what were said to be non-life threatening injuries. A third man sustained minor injuries and was not taken to a hospital. The DA’s office said all three worked for Trico Welding, based in Beacon Falls Connecticut. The accident is under investigation by police and federal and state work place safety investigators.