Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
WAMC Speakers Corner
Thu March 5, 2009
In Conversation with... Fred Schaeffer, Ned Sullivan and Jeanne Fleming
Albany, NY –
Alan Chartock talks with Ned Sullivan, president of Scenic Hudson, Fred Schaeffer, board chair of Walkway Over the Hudson and Jeanne Fleming, artistic and producing director of Walking ON Air: The Grand Opening of Walkway Over the Hudson.
Walkway Over the Hudson is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1992. Their mission is to preserve the landmark Poughkeepsie-Highland railroad bridge and transform the bridge into a linear park and trailway. The bridge will provide public access to the Hudson River's scenic landscape for pedestrians, hikers, joggers, bicyclists, and people with disabilities. It will also connect with an extensive network of rail-trails, parks and communities on both sides of the river.
Dr. Alan Chartock is President and CEO of WAMC/Northeast Public Radio where he also serves as the station's chief political analyst, host of WAMC's weekly The Capitol Connection, and The Media Project, as well as Executive Producer for the station's in-house production arm, National Productions. Read Alan Chartock's blog, or visit him on Myspace.
Additional interviews by Dr. Chartock may be found at WAMC's In Conversation With... Hosted by Dr. Alan Chartock