Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
New York News
Tue October 16, 2012
A Conversation With the Trudeau Institute’s New Leader
The Trudeau Institute in Saranac Lake recently named a new leader for the scientific research facility.
The board of trustees of the biomedical research institute in the Adirondacks named Dr. Ronald H. Goldfarb to lead the Trudeau Institute beginning on October first. Goldfarb has more than 30 years academic and industrial experience in cancer research, and co-founded a biopharmaceutical company. He has been on numerous peer-review panels and scientific advisory boards, and edited cancer journals. He is the Trudeau Institute’s sixth President, Director and CEO.
The Trudeau Institute was founded in 1884. It’s primary research centers on the development of vaccines and treatments for diseases including cancer, influenza and tuberculosis.