Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC News, North Country News
Tue July 17, 2012
A Conversation With UVM’s New President
The University of Vermont has a new President. On Monday, E. Thomas Sullivan began his first day leading Vermont’s largest college. On today’s Community Corner, he takes time to chat with North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley about his new job and vision for the campus.
E. Thomas Sullivan, who prefers to be called Tom, comes to the University of Vermont from the University of Minnesota, leaving his position of Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. He was named president in February and has been transitioning to the position since.
UVM President Tom Sullivan is an expert on antitrust law. His wife is a 1977 graduate of the college.