Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Mon April 29, 2013
"Cooked" by Michael Pollan
Michael Pollan’s new book, Cooked, follows the twists and turns of Pollan’s education in the kitchen. Organizing his journey around the four classical elements —fire, water, air, and earth—Pollan apprentices himself to a series of culinary experts to discover how these elements can transform the stuff of nature into delicious things to eat and drink.
Michael Pollan is the author of six previous books, including Food Rules, In Defense of Food, The Omnivore’s Dilemma, and The Botany of Desire, all New York Times bestsellers. A longtime contributor to The New York Times, he is also the Knight Professor of Journalism at Berkeley.
Humanities Grant Segments