Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Hudson Valley News
Fri March 29, 2013
Cornell Cooperative in Sullivan Plans Furloughs
Cornell Cooperative Extension in Sullivan County is asking the public to donate money to stop the weekly furlough of employees that will begin in mid-April. Cornell Coop’s Executive Director says that as a result of the county legislature having cut funding by 20 percent, he would rather reduce staff hours across the board, including for his position, than cut any programs, at this point. He says the weekly furloughs will require staff to take one day a week without pay, and all programs and activities at the Coop’s center in Liberty would be suspended one day a week. The Cooperative Extension Board of Directors approved the new policy earlier this week, in lieu of layoffs.