Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu December 18, 2003
The Cost Of School Funding
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The group behind the lawsuit that led to this years major court decision on public school financing in New York State was expected on Thursday to announce its dollar figure for state compliance with
the ruling. WAMC's Brian Shields reports the group is not ready with a final cost recommendation but it is urging Governor Pataki to set aside 2-billion dollars in education spending for next year.