Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
Sat June 9, 2012
Could 'Taxmageddon' Crisis Create Compromise?
Originally published on Sat June 9, 2012 6:35 pm
On Jan. 1, trillions of dollars in spending cuts and tax increases — called Taxmageddon — will take effect unless Congress and the White House can agree on a new plan. Many economists say the country will fall back into a recession if it happens. Former Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin says Congress may actually be "forced to make a decision that affects taxes and spending."