Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Wed November 12, 2003
Council Continues Air Study About Proposed Cement Plant
By Allison Dunne
Millbrook, NY – As traffic hearings begin today regarding the proposed Columbia County St. Lawrence cement plant, an environmental council is busy conducting an independent study for the Dutchess County legislature. The analysis focuses on air quality, though traffic information does affect some of the council's research. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne spoke with the head of the study for an update on the council's findings so far.