Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New York News
Thu June 16, 2005
Counties Hope for Disaster Aid
By Pat Bradley
Bolton, NY – Severe storms this past week damaged the Adirondack Northway enough that a section of the highway remains closed north of Lake George. But it was not the only road damaged. Numerous town and county roads in Warren and Essex counties have been torn apart. Governor Pataki has declared a State Disaster Emergency for the region and local officials now hope they will also be able to get federal disaster aid.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.