Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri August 6, 2004
County Exec Calls on AG to Pull Flavored Cigs
By Allison Dunne
White Plains, NY – A county executive from New York's lower Hudson Valley is calling on the state's Attorney General to investigate tobacco companies that sell flavored cigarettes. He is concerned the cigarettes are marketed to young people, and thinks their sale could violate the nationwide tobacco settlement agreement. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.