Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
North Country News
Sun October 7, 2012
Couple Donates $1 Million to UVM
A couple who graduated from the University of Vermont have donated $1 million to support the school's Honors College.
Robert Brennan, class of 1983, and his wife, Carolyn Brennan, class of 1982, pledged the amount over the next five years.
The Burlington Free Press reports the Brennans are repeat donors to the Honors College; half of the $1 million will add to the Brennan Family Scholarship Fund, established in 2006.
The other half of the donation will establish the Brennan Summer Research Fellowship, to provide grants of up to $5,000 annually for Honors College students to pursue undergraduate research.
Robert Brennan is senior managing director of Guggenheim Partners and heads the Commercial Real Estate Finance Group for the New York City-based firm.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press