Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri February 4, 2005
Court Decision may Hinder Legislature's Reaction to Groups
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – State lawmakers are holding lengthy budget hearings that sometimes last well into the evening. All sorts of interest and advocacy groups testify on every aspect of Governor Pataki's budget. But this year,
due to a court decision that limits the legislature's power in budget making, some legislators are questioning whether they have the ability to react to what any of the groups are saying. WAMC's Karen DeWitt reports.