Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Fri February 4, 2005
Court Decision may Hinder Legislature's Reaction to Groups
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – State lawmakers are holding lengthy budget hearings that sometimes last well into the evening. All sorts of interest and advocacy groups testify on every aspect of Governor Pataki's budget. But this year,
due to a court decision that limits the legislature's power in budget making, some legislators are questioning whether they have the ability to react to what any of the groups are saying. WAMC's Karen DeWitt reports.