Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed July 9, 2003
Court Decisions Could Affect Casinos in the Catskills
By Allison Dunne
Sullivan County, New York – Lawyers for Governor Pataki filed papers with the New York State Court of Appeals last week. They asked the state's highest court to stay its decision that the governor entered into a casino deal illegally, while the governor seeks to appeal to the Supreme Court on the matter. The outcome could affect casino developments in the Catskills. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.