Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed November 19, 2003
Court Hears Case Of "Enemy Combatant"
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – A federal court this week heard the case of Jose Padilla , a U.S. citizen held for a year and half without access to the courts or a lawyer. Padilla was designated by President Bush as an enemy combatant after the government alleged he was involved in a plot to explode a radioactive "dirty bomb". WAMC's Brian Shields spoke with a legal expert on the Padilla case, and other detainments after 9/11.