Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed November 30, 2005
Court ruling shocks Springfield city officials
By Jessica Bloustein
Springfield, MA – Officials in Springfield, Massachusetts have voiced shock over a ruling by a Superior Court judge that the city illegally froze two million dollars in pay raises for teachers. They say the finanically-stressed city may not have the money for a potential multi-million dollar settlement.
More from our Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein.