Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
WAMC New York News
Wed November 30, 2005
Court ruling shocks Springfield city officials
By Jessica Bloustein
Springfield, MA – Officials in Springfield, Massachusetts have voiced shock over a ruling by a Superior Court judge that the city illegally froze two million dollars in pay raises for teachers. They say the finanically-stressed city may not have the money for a potential multi-million dollar settlement.
More from our Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein.