Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Mon December 5, 2005
Cracking Down on Medicaid Fraud
By Deborah Runcie
Albany, NY – An Albany-based physicians' group that specializes in cancer treatment has agreed to pay over one million dollars to settle a Medicaid fraud civil suit. The announcement was made today by Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, who has been investigating cases of fraud against the federal government's program to help the poor with medical costs.
WAMC's Deborah Runcie has more.