Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon December 5, 2005
Cracking Down on Medicaid Fraud
By Deborah Runcie
Albany, NY – An Albany-based physicians' group that specializes in cancer treatment has agreed to pay over one million dollars to settle a Medicaid fraud civil suit. The announcement was made today by Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, who has been investigating cases of fraud against the federal government's program to help the poor with medical costs.
WAMC's Deborah Runcie has more.