Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Mon December 5, 2005
Cracking Down on Medicaid Fraud
By Deborah Runcie
Albany, NY – An Albany-based physicians' group that specializes in cancer treatment has agreed to pay over one million dollars to settle a Medicaid fraud civil suit. The announcement was made today by Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, who has been investigating cases of fraud against the federal government's program to help the poor with medical costs.
WAMC's Deborah Runcie has more.