Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon October 25, 2004
Crime Stats Show NY Safer
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – For the tenth straight year, New York State saw a drop in major crimes. Figures released by the state Division of Criminal Justice Services show the number of major crimes in the state dropped 3-point-1 percent in 2003. While the governor says the figures prove that New York's tough policies have been effective at reducing crime, he and others, say more needs to be done. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.