Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue March 22, 2005
Critics Say New Survey Standard Undermines Title IX
By John Krol
Amherst, MA – The federal Education Department is offering colleges and universities a new way to show compliance with the Title Nine anti-discrimination law for inter-collegiate athletic programs -- in the form of an internet-based survey. But, many critics say the move is undermining the landmark law. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol has the story.