Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
New York News
Mon June 30, 2014
CT Casino Operator To File Applications For NY Casino Project
The head of the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority says the operator of casinos in Connecticut and Pennsylvania will file applications for New York casino licenses in time for a looming deadline.
Chief Executive Mitchell Etess told The Day of New London that the authority will file a final application today, the deadline.
The Mohegan tribal authority is involved in one of two bids to build a casino by the site of the old Concord resort in Sullivan County, New York. Empire Resorts vice president Charles Degliomini says his group's Sullivan County bid also is moving forward.
A state siting board set a June 30 deadline for applicants seeking one of up to four upstate New York casino licenses to be granted this fall under a gambling act approved last year.
©2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.