Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
New England News
Mon August 27, 2012
CT GOP Chair Says State Could Swing For Romney
Chairman of the Connecticut Republican Party Jerry Labriola says he's making the argument to national Republican officials that Connecticut can be a possible win for presidential candidate Mitt Romney. WAMC’s Lucas Willard has more…
Labriola told The Associated Press Monday that he's pointing out how President Barack Obama's popularity in the Democratic-leaning state has waned and Republican U.S. Senate candidate Linda McMahon is running a strong campaign.
He said "Connecticut is more and more becoming in play" and national Republicans are listening to him.
Labriola said he believes it would be worthwhile for Romney's campaign to spend some resources in Connecticut. He said such an investment would benefit every Republican on the ticket in November.
All 28 delegates and 25 alternates have arrived in Tampa for the convention, as well as most of the party's 60 guests.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.