Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Tue July 31, 2012
CT Senate Democrats Spar on Ads
Democratic Senate candidate Susan Bysiewicz says she's no longer running her campaign TV commercial that makes a false accusation, but is standing by her overall claim that U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy has accepted more contributions from Wall Street sources than other Democrats.
Murphy questioned why Bysiewicz hadn't pulled the ad sooner, saying her defense of the commercial over the last week-and-a-half has been "the most astonishing thing I have seen."
Murphy said her claim about Wall Street contributions is also wrong.
Bysiewicz said the ad "had run its course" and her campaign is moving on to other ads.
The two Democrats met Monday New London for their final debate before the Aug. 14 primary. Monday's debate was sponsored by The Day of New London, WTNH-TV and the Garde Arts Center.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press