Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Tue July 31, 2012
CT Senate Democrats Spar on Ads
Democratic Senate candidate Susan Bysiewicz says she's no longer running her campaign TV commercial that makes a false accusation, but is standing by her overall claim that U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy has accepted more contributions from Wall Street sources than other Democrats.
Murphy questioned why Bysiewicz hadn't pulled the ad sooner, saying her defense of the commercial over the last week-and-a-half has been "the most astonishing thing I have seen."
Murphy said her claim about Wall Street contributions is also wrong.
Bysiewicz said the ad "had run its course" and her campaign is moving on to other ads.
The two Democrats met Monday New London for their final debate before the Aug. 14 primary. Monday's debate was sponsored by The Day of New London, WTNH-TV and the Garde Arts Center.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press