Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
New England News
Tue June 26, 2012
CT State Police Leaders Face No Confidence Vote
The results of a no confidence vote against Connecticut state police leaders by state troopers are set to be announced. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
Officials with the National Troopers Coalition are scheduled to count the ballots Tuesday morning and announce the results around mid-day. Ballots were mailed to more than 1,000 state police union members earlier this month and were due back Monday afternoon.
The state police union leadership asked members to vote no confidence against public safety Commissioner Reuben Bradford and Col. Danny Stebbins over management decisions union leaders allege jeopardize the safety of troopers and the public. One of those decisions was the consolidation of three dispatch centers in northwestern Connecticut into one center in Litchfield.
Bradford and Stebbins deny the union's allegations, and Governor Dannel P. Malloy is supporting their decisions.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.