Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New England News
Tue April 24, 2012
CT Teachers' Union to Hold Education Rally
Members of Connecticut's largest teachers' union will be rallying in support overhauling the state's education system and urging lawmakers to include voices from educators in the debate over Governor Dannel P. Malloy's education proposals. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
Teachers from the Connecticut Education Association will gather outside the state Capitol today and Wednesday night to urge the legislature to continue moving in what they say is the right direction with the governor's education bill.
Recently, the state's education committee passed a modified version of the governor's bill. That version included delaying changes to teacher tenure and lowering the number of under-performing schools that would receive intervention by the education commissioner. Many of these changes were supported by the union.
Malloy said he will not sign the proposal into law as is.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.