Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Thu July 11, 2013
Cultural District Designation Sought For Downtown Springfield
Officials in Springfield Massachusetts are looking into seeking state-recognition for a downtown cultural district
The district would encompass a several block area that is home to the Springfield Museums, the Armory National Park, several entertainment venues and art galleries. Springfield City Councilor Kateri Walsh believes a formal designation as a cultural district would boost tourism and job creation.
Walsh said the full city council will be asked to vote on July 15th to submit an official application to the Massachusetts Cultural Council.