Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Thu July 11, 2013
Cultural District Designation Sought For Downtown Springfield
Officials in Springfield Massachusetts are looking into seeking state-recognition for a downtown cultural district
The district would encompass a several block area that is home to the Springfield Museums, the Armory National Park, several entertainment venues and art galleries. Springfield City Councilor Kateri Walsh believes a formal designation as a cultural district would boost tourism and job creation.
Walsh said the full city council will be asked to vote on July 15th to submit an official application to the Massachusetts Cultural Council.