Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Thu June 27, 2013
Cuomo To Announce Moreland Act Commission
Governor Cuomo says he will be announcing his Moreland Act commission to investigate the campaign donation filings of the legislature in the “immediate future”, possibly as early as Thursday.
Cuomo failed to get lawmakers to agree on a package of campaign finance reforms, and says he will now appoint a commission under the powers’ of the state’s Moreland Act, to investigate campaign filings at the State Board of Elections. The governor say in the end, it might even work out better.
“I think it’s going to be extraordinarily effective in terms of public corruption,” Cuomo said.
Cuomo says he “wouldn’t be at all surprised” if the commission finds violations of the state’s election laws.