Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Mon January 13, 2014
Cuomo Approves Autism Treatment License
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has signed a law establishing a new state license for those treating clients with autism spectrum disorder using applied behavior analysis.
According to the governor's office, that should help families find quality providers who have met academic and training requirements and ensure state regulation and oversight.
Applied behavioral analysis is described as intensive, often one-on-one treatment method.
The license will require at least a master's degree for analysts and establishes a new state certification for analyst assistants.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.