Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Mon January 13, 2014
Cuomo Approves Autism Treatment License
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has signed a law establishing a new state license for those treating clients with autism spectrum disorder using applied behavior analysis.
According to the governor's office, that should help families find quality providers who have met academic and training requirements and ensure state regulation and oversight.
Applied behavioral analysis is described as intensive, often one-on-one treatment method.
The license will require at least a master's degree for analysts and establishes a new state certification for analyst assistants.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.